I thought I had done pretty well at keeping up with the books I wanted to read this year but now that I look at this list it appears that I did not. :-0 Oh, well. It happens, right? These are the books I most wanted to read in 2015 and somehow didn’t. Actually, I will tell you how I didn’t – not a single one of these books has been available at my library until the past week. We have been told that our collection development is being put on hold temporarily while we address budgeting issues. *sobs*
Anyway, these are the 2015 releases I really wanted to read last year and somehow didn’t get to. I think I have purchased about half of these since Christmas (yay gift cards!) and can therefore proceed in my reading!
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara – We finally received a copy at the library and it’s, haha, a seven day checkout. LOL Yeah right. I’m glad I bought it, anyway! I started reading the ARC of this and found myself wishing for the physical book instead, so I vowed to finish it in paper.
- The Shore by Sara Taylor – I recently purchased this some of the gift cards I got for the holidays and I can’t wait to dive into it!
- Sweetland by Michael Crummey – This one is still not at the library or at my local book store, so I will have to wait a little while longer to read it because I simply cannot allow myself to purchase anymore books at this moment in time. (Do you hear that self?!)
- Girl at War by Sara Novic – I have heard nothing but good things about this and yet it’s another one I will have to wait and purchase.
- The Beautiful Bureaucrat by Helen Phillips – I heard this was a weird one and it makes me want to read it all the more! Maybe I can get it for my birthday.
- Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Clegg – Picked this one up recently with gift cards! Hooray!
- Bats of the Republic by Zachary Thomas Dodson – Another one I own but have yet to read… Are you seeing a trend here?
- Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff – Just picked this one up after Christmas!
- The Tsar of Love and Techno by Anthony Marra – I do not own this one yet. I’m waiting for it to go on sale at B&N sometime. (Oh, the days they go around sticking 20- and 30% off stickers on the new releases!)
- I am Radar by Reif Larson – I actually got this book for my birthday… um, nine months ago. No excuses for not reading what I have, seriously.
What are the 2015 releases you meant to get to?