Hey all! Can you believe it? Tomorrow is December. I don’t know where the year has gone. I am ready for the holidays, though! Although, the warm weather has returned to my area of the globe and it’s difficult to see holiday decorations when it’s a sunny, sixty degrees outside. I’m hoping it cools off again soon otherwise my holiday spirits may diminish.
So, this month was Nonfiction November and I think I did okay. I did read a few nonfiction books, however, a lot of them were not for pleasure but for research instead. Boo! Unfortunately, NaNoWriMo sucked up a good portion of free time and reading for fun got paused.
For research I read The Making of a Story: A Norton Guide to Creative Writing by Alice LaPlante, which I must say is very helpful to the creative writing process. I also skimmed through Plot Versus Character: A Balanced Approach to Writing Great Fiction by Jeff Gerke and The Art of Character: Creating Memorable Characters for Fiction, Film and TV by David Corbett. Both were somewhat helpful but then I ended up scrapping my idea for NaNoWriMo anyway! So it goes…
For fun, I read Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power by Rachel Maddow (loooove her), Dr. Mütter’s Marvels: A True Tale of Intrigue, and Innovation at the Dawn of Modern Medicine by Cristin O’Keefe Aptowicz and Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple for my bookclub! (I’m seriously so proud of myself, guys. I finally finished a bookclub book on time.) I will have reviews up for these soon! Spoiler alert: I loved Dr. Mütter’s Marvels! Be sure to check out my Nonfiction November posts if you missed them!
- Sunday Post #20: December Chunkster Poll Winner & Big News (or, that time I got in to Harvard)
- Nonfiction November [Week 4]: New to my TBR
- Top 10 Tuesday: Books on my Winter TBR
- Book Haul Appreciation Post
- REVIEW: Dr. Mütter’s Marvels by Cristin O’Keefe Aptowicz
- REVIEW: Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
- MINI REVIEWS: Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power by Rachel Maddow and The Most Dangerous Animal of All: by Gary L. Stewart
- Christmas gift ideas for book lovers!