It’s that time again!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
If you’d like to sign up to join the fun and make new friends, head on over to Bout of Books to do so!
Goals & Book Choices!
- Read at least 1,000 pages. (That’s under 150 pages per day. Do-able, right?)
- Participate in at least 3 challenges
- Participate in one Twitter chat if my schedules align properly
- Find at least two blogs that I really like in my preferred genre (literary fiction, historical fiction)
- Have fun! Don’t stress.
books for consideration:
- Mrs. Hemingway by Naomi Woods
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
- The Gospel of Winter by Brendan Kiely
- The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings
- The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon
I do have to take into consideration that I will be back in school at the time this is going on but I’m not working as much as I used to so perhaps I will have more free time than I did during Bout of Books 10. Also, I am a terrible mood reader and I cannot vouch for the fact that any of these will be on my radar when the read-a-thon starts. These are all books high on my radar right now that I either own and/or have guaranteed access to.