This week has been awfully busy school-wise! I didn’t check our assignments until Wednesday assuming they would be similar to previous assignments so far this summer (two chapters, exercises, quizzes for mythology and one for literature). Imagine my surprise when it had been bumped up to five chapters, the usual exercises and quizzes plus a test for mythology. Oops. My bad…
Earlier this week I completed my last day of one of my jobs after two and a half years. The commute was costing more than what I was making and so I had to make a choice. I’m sad to go because I truly love all my coworkers there but I am vowing that we will hang out soon. They threw me a really nice going away party with some amazing food and a card that made me sniffle a bit.
I have not finished a single book so far this month. Can you believe that? I’m disappointed in myself but I have been doing some other things I wanted to do like garden (see photo!) and hang out with friends and family so I won’t be upset with myself for long. We had a 2nd & Charles open up in my city and I’m am THRILLED to have them here! If you don’t know what they are please check out their website. It’s awesome. Geek heaven, really.
POSTS FROM THIS WEEK
- Last week’s Sunday Post
- Mini Reviews: American Gods & Dark Places
- Top 10 Tuesday: Cover Trends I Like/Dislike
- Wishlist Wednesday : The Phantom of Fifth Avenue
- June DNFs: The Month of the DNF Monster
- Life of a Blogger: Favorite Sports Teams
- Kiddie Corner: Blackout & The Worst Princess
- Bookish Finds: Book Scented Candles!
- Saturday Spotlight: Random Acts
BOOK (& STUFF) HAUL
- Ten Year Nap by Meg Wolitzer
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
- The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood (Library)
- The Gospel of Winter by Brendan Kiely (YAY!)
- The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings
I also picked up some new records this week which makes me SO insanely happy! The only other places we have around town that sells music of any sort are Best Buy and Hot Topic. Not always items to suit my taste. But, I found lots of good things I wanted at the new used book store! Woo!
I picked up Closer by Tegan and Sara, Ceremonials by Florence + the Machine, Bad Blood by Bastille, and My Head is an Animal by Of Monsters and Men! I has a happy. :D
(STILL) CURRENTLY READING
Yes, I am still currently reading The Hurricane Girls Dorothea Benton Frank! It’s really good so far and I’m excited to see how it turns out. I’ve just been really bogged down with school work and real life stuff that my reading for fun time has really been pushed to the very back burner. For shame. Oh, well.
I am crossing my fingers that I can finish sometime before the middle of next week, however, midterms are also next week so we will see how that goes…
If, for some reason, I do not finish this book by the end of the next week feel free to take away my book blogger status. -___-
IN OTHER NEWS…
- The very talented, very sweet Anthony Breznican, author of Brutal Youth, has agreed to let me interview him for the blog! Now, I just need Barnes & Noble to hurry up and send me my book so that I can, ya know, actually read the damn thing. I cannot wait! Give it to me now! Okay, okay, I won’t throw a tantrum. I’m just excited, that’s all.
- I will be heading out of town for the 4th of July to see my brother and my BFF! YAY! Vacation!
- BreAnn (aka LondiniumGirl, our regular guest blogger) and I have decided we would like to move to Europe. STAT. Ireland, perhaps. (Suggestions, tips, recommendations are all very welcome!)